Are you ready for summer? As this awaited season of the year is fast approaching, many are also looking forward to the annual festivity tagged as ‘Summer Is Dubai’.
“Summer Is Dubai” is a three-month event that will commence on June 7 and will last until September 7, 2014. It will showcase various activities that aim to display Dubai as an exceptional summer destination especially for family bonding.
The extensive campaign will highlight luxury as well as affordable hotels, transportation facilities, shopping malls, water parks, indoor skiing, cultural activities as well as climate controlled indoor entertainment events.
The main event of the campaign will be Dubai Summer Surprises, a festivity that will last for w eek from June 7 – July 7. This will be a series of entertainment and cultural events like Dubai Sports World and the Dubai Rock Festival, This series of activities are primarily designed for families with a lot of freebies and treats from participating commercial companies where you can also buy swimwear online in Dubai. This has contributed a lot in the tourism of Dubai marking the city as an international summer destination. A total of around four million people participated in the activities of Dubai Summer Surprises.
Another part of ‘Summer Is Dubai’ Campaign is Modhesh World, the largest indoor recreational venue in the region that features a host of themed games and fun activities for the entire family with everyone’s favorite mascot, Modhesh. Modhesh World will be operating from June 20 – August 28 at Dubai World Trade Center.
In the month of July, the city will start commemorate the period of Ramadan. This is a Holy month for the Islamic calendar. This period will include a number of distinctive events that will give the tourists a sole experience to the Muslims’ spiritual culture. Activities inspired by the Ramadan tradition will occur.
And lastly, the Eid which will take place in the whole month of August and will celebrate the end of Ramadan. Yu can expect a lot cultural events this period.
You can also opt to hit the beaches in the city and buy swimwear online in Dubai. It is recommended to do it in the first period of the season since the Emirate will have a scorching temperature that can reach 40-50 degree Celsius.
Any entrepreneur who has gone through forming a company would agree that the process can put people in an emotional whirlwind. For the most part, it is exciting, exhausting, and confusing. And all these emotions happen at the same time. Hearing words of encouragement from successful businessmen midst this overwhelming course can really be helpful and refreshing. However, not all pieces of advice can lead you to the right path. These are the ones that can do the new entrepreneurs more bad than good.
If you are a budding businessman, be careful of whom you ask advice from. There are three types of people in the biz that you should watch out for and prevent listening to.
- The overconfident ones. These people are know-it-alls. They believe that they are good in identifying the ins and outs in the industry. They talk smartly that your own common sense can be altered. But do not let this happen. When their thoughts are not directly related to your situation, their advice is insignificant.
- The safe players. These are the ones who have greatly suffered at some point in the business. They have become pessimistic about taking risks. Usually, they will advise you to stay on the sidelines but when you take their words, there is a good chance that you will be losing immense opportunities. They will even stop you from acquiring simple ISO certification thinking that it will be just a waste of your funds. Whatever they say, do not listen to them
- The ones who secretly want you to fail. They will commonly tell you to do what is not clearly right for your business. These people will convince you that the other option is correct although that it is not. This is because, these people have vested interest and could be wishing you to suffer so your competitor will win or because he wants to hire you himself.
In the business world, you are likely to come across different people from various walks of life. In most cases, their views are opposing so it is better to listen to your own intuition. Use your common sense and gut feeling and let them lead you towards the right way.
The most important thing that you should do is to have competitive advantages over your rivals. Having several good points can attract more customers as they prefer brands that they can depend on. Augment your credibility and image by applying for certificates like ISO Certification in Abu Dhabi. Passing the certain quality management standards set by the ISO Certification in Abu Dhabi help customers see your company as trustworthy and an industry leader.
You just gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and on your way to your first stage of being a mother. Giving a bath to your child is one of the basic things to learn during this period. The process takes a little patience and extra care should be given since a new born baby has softer bones and tiny parts still. You can safely give a bath to your baby by following these simple instructions.
- Bring together all bath supplies like sponge or wash cloth, bath towel, bath soap (mild), oil (optional), tub for babies, diaper, cream and clothes from newborn baby gifts in Dubai that you received during the baby shower. Lay out the drying towel and make sure that the room has just the right temperature so your baby doesn’t get cold.
- Fill the tub with water of about 3 inches that feels warm, not hot. You can soak the tip of your elbow to feel the temperature of the water. Also, be sure to ensure the stability on the platform where you put the tub for safety.
- Bring your infant to the bath area and undress him completely. If your baby cries through every bath, leave the diaper on at first. It can give her an increased sense of security in the water.
- Slowly slip your baby into the tub putting the feet first, using one hand to support her neck and head. Pour handfuls of water over and repeat this regularly during the bath so he doesn’t get too cold.
- Start by washing his scalp with a wet, soapy cloth or sponge. Rinse the soap from the cloth and use it gently to clean his eyes and face. For the baby’s genitals, a routine washing is all that’s needed.
- Rinse your baby thoroughly handful of water or use a small cup and wipe her with a clean bath towel. Then very carefully lift him out of the tub with one hand supporting his neck and head and the other hand supporting her bottom. Wrap your fingers around one thigh. If it’s possible, have another adult help by receiving your baby in a dry towel.
- Wrap your baby in a hooded towel and pat her dry. If his skin is still peeling from birth, you can apply a mild baby lotion after her bath, but this is generally dead skin that needs to come off anyway, not dry skin. Then put cream on before putting the diaper on, dress him with newborn baby gifts in Dubai.
How can entrepreneurs successfully survive during the initial years? Is it the right timing or simply having the innate business skills? While most people say it is the combination of both, no one really knows the exact formula. If you ask the successful ones in the biz, they are sure to provide pieces of advice that oppose the beliefs some of their fellow. Well, it is quite understandable as what works for me, does not necessarily works for you. In this case, it is safe to say that startup success is a personal experience for each of aspirants. Nevertheless, there is one thing that the seasoned businessmen all agree on, and that is the importance of precise money management.
If you are a newbie in the world of business, here are some financial tips that can surely assist you. These practical ways have helped countless entrepreneurs to thrive in the industry.
- Do not mix the personal with business. Be sure to separate your business finances with your personal. Mixing them can confuse you and before you know it, you do not have money for yourself as it is already spent for business purposes.
- Stay on top of your cash flow. Usually, especially for small startups, the owner and his workforce end up being too busy in servicing clients, resulting to leave bookkeeping for the future. However, when this happens they become clueless of their earnings and spendings. As a business owner, you have to keep track of the health of your business through bookkeeping. Not making this as a priority can lead you to shutting down your company.
- Prepare for the worst. Ask any financial professional who have taken the exam for CFA Level 2 in Dubai and he will be quick to say that only few stay alive in the business world. So be smart and do not quit your day job until your venture finally stabilizes. You need to support yourself so do not cut the streamlines of your finances.
- Get professional advice. Let us face it. You potentially know little about handling finances. Ask your friends who have experience in accounting to help you out in understanding your financial statements. If you know someone who is studying CFA Level 2 in Dubai, have him evaluate your finances and get some opinions on how to improve or maintain it.
- Curb your spending. It is easy to overspend on things that do not really benefit you. During the beginning phase, entrepreneurs are all after getting customers. So they lay on the line their finances just to grab their attention. Weighing the effectiveness of every move is crucial before pushing through decisions. Be wise on your cash. Every penny counts and running out of funds can spell the end of your dreams.
The chilly breeze is retreating day by day. As coldness distance itself from the land, the clouds gradually reveal the bright, blue sky. The atmosphere is urging our bodies to lounge on the sand while watching waves crash along the shoreline. Indeed, it is summer once again! Cloudless sky, warm and laid back weather, and the touch of salty water on our skin… these are some things that we all surely missed during the wintry days. If you are like a summer person like me, you can probably hardly wait to have some good time at the beach. But did you know that going to the beach is not solely for pleasure? Surprisingly, it is also beneficial to both of our physical and health.
The benefits of sea water
As we all know, the sea water is salty. Salt is a good cleansing agent and not only that, it also have the quality of curing and clearing. So if you have semi-permanent scars or acne, find daily dubai deals for summer. Perhaps, you can find one that lets you spend some time dipping yourself into the water. Not only that, sea water has iodine compounds that help in curing thyroid problems. Removing dandruff, healing cuts and sores, and clearing nasal passages are also among the many benefits of sea water.
The beauty of walking on the sand
Don’t you just love the warmth of the sand beneath your feet? Aside from the good feeling brought by walking on sand, it also allows us to be in direct contact with the earth which is full of electron. Thus, when we walk barefoot on the sand, we are getting a sufficient supply of electrons, which supports our immune system to function at its finest level. For eliminating dead skin cells on the heels of the feet, walk on wet sand.
The effect of swimming to well-being
Swimming is scientifically proven to clear the mind of people. Thus, it reduces depression and increases sense of well-being. Aside from its therapeutic effects, swimming is also a good way to stay fit and healthy. Not only that this activity uses our body’s major muscle groups, it also boosts cardiovascular health and lessens risk for chronic diseases. So what are you waiting for? Go online and search for daily dubai deals for this summer.
Politics are part in the day to day lives of most office workers. Manipulation, bullying, drama, gossip, power tripping are some of the words to describe this dilemma.
Employees face lot of stress from the job itself to getting along with their colleagues a while battling with their own family issues. Unfortunately, office politics added to the burden and creates a lot negative effects, not only the office workers’ performance and commitment to work, but also to the growth and development of the company as well even if they conduct a good Executive Coaching Training.
While you cannot avoid office politics in workplace, here some ways how can you handle it.
- Work at your best even under worst circumstances. Maybe you feel that someone is already bullying you or even spreading some bad comments about you. Ignore it. Just focus on the things you have to do and do it at your best. Things will pass and the things that you’ve done will eventually thrive and have that attention.
- Be aware and understand the things that are happening around. While you are focus at your thing, don’t forget to listen and be mindful the events that are happening. Determine the power dynamics that occurs in your work area. Who are the real influencers? Who is the mentor? Who is the one respected? Who isn’t? Who has the guts and the brains? Who doesn’t?
- Find out the company’s inside and outside networks. This will give you the proper response to the people in the company. Who are the founders and their coaches? Who does they get for Executive Coaching Training?
- Veer away from gossip and hearsays in the office. Avoid these “gossipers” in the office that really sticks to the bones. Don’t waste your time hearing their stories and don’t try to pitch in. Be mindful of the people whom you can trust.
- Don’t get personal. Not everyone will like you and you will not like everyone. If there are people that don’t really get along, be professional in working with them. Well the most, be professional at all times.
If you are a frequent traveler, you are most likely deprived from having enough sleep, quality time with family and friends, and exercising. The latter, however, is not being given focused as much as it needs to be. While there is nothing wrong with spending time lying on your UAE hotel room bed and bonding with close relations, the state of physical well-being should not always the backseat.
Whether you travel for leisure or business, you need to ensure that your body remains at its optimum level. You can do this by providing time to make your body sweat and burn off unnecessary fats. Booking one of the 5 star UAE Hotels does not automatically give you access to the fitness center of the property. Sometimes you have to pay extra to be rewarded the privilege to workout in such luxurious gym. When you are met by this situation, do not spend additional bucks. Simply go to your room and do this easy exercise routine.
- Push-ups. During the morning, do a series of push-ups on the bed. This can help engage your chest and core muscles. Doing it while on the bed is more challenging than on the floor because the surface is soft. If you do not have enough upper body strength you can place your hands on the edge of the bed and your toes on the floor instead. Your body will leaning in a high-plank position.
- Chair squats. Standing few meters away from a sturdy chair, clasp your hands behind your head and position your body as if you are going to sit down. After that, try to lightly tap the chair with your base but do not completely sit down. Use your hamstrings to get to a standing position again. This can help you sweat as much as needed.
- Jumping jacks. 5 star UAE Hotels have spacious suits. This means you have no excuse to pass on doing jumping jacks. Do this exercise for three minutes, and remember to keep your arms straight as you bring them up to your ears with each jump.
- Wall climber moves. This is easy. Just place your hands against the wall, arms straight, leaning your body at an angle. Step forward with right foot then quickly switch feet. Thus, you will be simultaneously bringing left foot forward and right foot back. Keep repeating for a couple of minutes.
So you were named as the best man for your friend’s wedding. You must be honored. However, with this kind of honor, come several responsibilities. No, it is not just about standing beside your buddy when his bride starts walking down the aisle. Being the best man also mean that you have to prepare little surprises for him and these include secretly organizing a bachelor party.
When planning a bachelor party, you should know that it is not always about throwing a party that is filled with g-strings and keg stands. You can do something out of the usual and set up a decent bachelor party for your friend instead. Actually, a single men’s party with a class is not a new concept. In the olden times, this kind of party was called the gentlemen’s dinner. It was usually thrown by the groom’s father. It simply involved toasting, eating, laughing and commemorating the groom’s single days.
The history shows that a bachelor party can be enjoyable even without going wild. All you have to do is pick activities that can unleash your friend’s testosterone and the guests’ adrenalines pumping. Here are some ideas that you should consider when planning the party that your friend will not be ashamed to tell his wife to-be.
- Camping with the boys. Swigging beers around the campfire—stars in the sky, clear air, no Blackberries—is just the right contrast to the madness of wedding planning.
- Kill each other. Virtually. If your group is into video games, a weekend of Halo, Grand Theft Auto, or Madden could be the perfect way to relieve stress. You can also be fun to take the killing to field and play paintball.
- Costume party. Have some drinks at a stripper-free bar while wearing a costume of your fantasy profession. Superhero, military, MMA, or police costume are some of the most popular costume for boys. However, it is encouraged to inform the real officers that you are wearing a police costume so you will not get in trouble.
- Some daredevil fun. A lot of men say they are not afraid of heart-racing activities, but who among them are really telling the truth? Put your group to the test by daring them to do daredevil activities like skydiving, bungee jumping, rafting, etc.
- Gambling time. Once your bud tie the knot, his banks will also be tied to his wife. This means that there will be fewer chances that he will be joining the group for a night at the casino. Play the entire night and gamble as much as you can before he enter the married life.
Entrepreneurs might not always have sufficient funds for a Dubai business setup and in such cases they need to look at other possible avenues for gathering capital. One way to do so is to apply for a business loan from a reputed bank. However, banks do not give out business loans easily and you need to be able to convince the bankers that you will be able to repay the loan properly so that they don’t have to suffer the losses.
Before you approach any bank for a business loan make sure to draft your business plan and executive summary well. The person reading these documents must be able to get a clear picture about your business and your future plans for it. He should be able to gain confidence and trust in you and your business. You will also need to show some collaterals and assets to borrow the loan on, which will go to the bank in case you fail to repay the money.
When you meet with the bank officials, make sure that your earlier financial history is clean and good. If you have a history of late payments, defaults, outstanding loans, bounced checks or other such negative points then it will not create a good image of you and the bank might hesitate to lend you money.
Not only you, but your other partners and important people in your company should also have a spotless record. Plus having prior experience in this industry and knowledgeable people on board will be an added advantage.
During the meeting with the bank officials be bold and passionate about your business. Give them solid facts and figures and explain how you intend to repay the loan. After all banks are financial institutions and not charitable organizations – so they will be needing their money back at some point in time!
If you happen to personally know someone in a top position in the bank or if there is a well-known and respected business man who can vouch for you, ask them to recommend you. It might earn you some brownie points with the decision makers.
Once you obtain the business loan and go ahead with your Dubai business setup, make sure to stick to the terms and conditions and pay back the money as and when required without fail so that you do not let down the people who trusted in you.
Most people in Dubai tend to be on the move quite often. Either they are moving I or out of the country, or between the different emirates or just from one area to another due to various reasons such as a new job or lower rents or a better neighbourhood. Whatever the reason might be fir your move, there are a few things to be done before you move.
1. Call movers and packers, explain your requirements and get a quote. Once you find a suitable moving company fix an appointment for them to come and help you with the move.
2. Call your internet service provider and make arrangements to either disconnect your internet service or transfer to a new address. If you are going for a disconnection then make sure to settle all your outstanding payments properly. The same applies to your telephone connection as well as your satellite TV connection.
3. Contact your utility service providers such as DEWA and make sure to settle all outstanding payments and close the account; else you might end up being billed for the time that you are no longer in the house.
4. Call a pest control company in Dubai to carry out pest control activities in your old home. You might wonder what is the need to call the pest control company in Dubai to your old home when you are anyway going to move out soon. One reason is that your landlord will conduct an inspection of the house and if everything is neat and orderly you will be able to get back your deposit without any unnecessary deductions. Instead if the house is shabby and untidy then chances are that your landlord will use it as an excuse to deduct money from your safety deposit. Another reason is that if there were any pest infestations in your old home then those nifty creatures somehow always find a way to get into your boxes and they too move in with you into your new home. By eliminating them before you move, you can be confident that you are moving into a pest-free environment in your new home.
5. Notify your change of address to your banks, magazine subscriptions or anyone else who sends you letters or parcels regularly so that your correspondence doesn’t end up at your old home and reaches you correctly.